Saturday, June 26, 2010

Our day with the Chicago White Sox

Back in May, Tom and I attended our first White Sox game together.  We sat in the family section (without knowing until we got there) and I befriended a nice man in front of us.  His name was Jose, and he was willing to help me get autographed children's books from some of the players.  I gave him my business card and a few days later, he found me on Facebook and added me as a friend.  He invited Tom and I to go with him to the Sox vs. Cubs game on Saturday.  We were soooooo excited!  Jose's cousin, Ramon Castro, is a catcher for the White Sox, and Ramon reserved the seats for us. 
We arrived at Jose's home in Chicago and he drove my car to the park.  We pulled in the players parking lot and all of the attendees instantly knew Jose and waved him in.  We parked next to many fabulous cars, and we hurried into the ballpark.  Our seats were behind the bullpen, so before the game we met Ramon as he was warming up Freddy Garcia.  One of the pitching coaches knew Jose and gave him a baseball from the bullpen, which Jose gave to us.  All of the players and coaches in the bullpen signed our baseball! 
Our signed White Sox bullpen baseball
After the game, we went back to Jose's house and got dressed to go out with Jose and his family.  We went to a bar called Pancho's owned by Alexei Ramirez' (White Sox player) in-laws.  When we arrived, we were greeted very kindly by Jose's relatives who had flown in from Florida, California, and Puerto Rico.  Another White Sox player arrived later in the night, Dayan Viciedo, a 21 year old brickhouse who was very nice. 
Dayan Viciedo, Ramon Castro, Jose, Tom
It was a night to remember, I salsa danced my night away and ate some amazing Puerto Rican food.  I really look forward to the day when we can have Jose visit us and return the favor. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment